Re: Trading a protected 13 rounder

GWPump23
November 07, 2016 01:30AM
Such a loaded question...

By dealing the "pro-spot", who'd be YOUR 13th player you'd now be forced to cut? WHICH pick in the 15th round would you be receiving with the pick etc...?

My advise would be to go to established 24-team BL league websites (BL-DirtyDoubleDozen, BL-Mattingly examples) and scroll through years of their transactions pages to gauge value...

In most cases, Rd #13's (protection spot) are more valuable than even round #14's in 24-team BL leagues. Sure, there's always that fringe keeper from the previous season that's dropped & surprises. Arrietta in "15" & Hendricks in "16" are examples, but in my experience, it's slim pickings after the 1st 5 picks (roughly) are taken in the 14th round. You'll have 2-3 top international players entering the MLB & become available (Darvish, Abreau, Meada) 1-2 decent players which were dropped, then RP's and fill'ins...

Without players crossing leagues (AL to NL, NL to AL etc) there really isn't much talent available from the mid 14th round on, let alone anywhere in the 15th...

Just MY opinion...
-GW-
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

Trading a protected 13 rounder

Dave 1930 November 05, 2016 07:17PM

Re: Trading a protected 13 rounder

Fred Herring 1385 November 05, 2016 07:47PM

» Re: Trading a protected 13 rounder

GWPump23 1487 November 07, 2016 01:30AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator