Re: BL NCML, CONTRACT LEAGUE, With 4 Orphaned Teams.

Don
February 17, 2016 08:26PM
Eric Nelson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is just the type of league I've been looking
> for. I would be interested in joining, though I'm
> a bit uncertain which would be the best team for
> me--maybe team 8??

We would love to have you. Hopefully you will finally get this message. I've replied & replied again on the SS site, to no avail. The only team left is #9, which I think is much better than some were already chosen. Here is some things you need to know.

For reference, here is the roster file:

[drive.google.com]

Here is a much better copy of the constitution than I was able to send out initially.

And the constitution, which details assigning contracts to pending players:

[drive.google.com]

This should help. Not sure if John gave the rules on readjusting contracts, because they are not in the constitution. We just made that rule for this year & will get the rule changers from this year, in the constitution at a later date.

Any new owner that takes over an orphaned team, has the right to readjust the contracts of his players.

* You may only change the years already allotted to previously contracted players.

* They must not exceed 40 years, because that is the # of years the previous owner had to work with, for our inaugural season. * After this years draft all owners will have 45 years to delegate, as they see fit.

* For those of you whose previous owners DID NOT award one of their players the Franchise Tag, you may do so. There were a half dozen teams that elected not to award the Franchise Tag, before our inaugural season.

* For those owners in which the Franchise Tag was awarded, it CANNOT be changed. It must stay with the player the previous owner awarded it to.

Also, like all of the returning owners you may extend certain players, previously NOT signed to contracts. I'm doing that with Brock Holt & Cory Spangenberg. I am giving them both 2 year deals. This is the section of rules that you really need to key on, when extending the contracts of players, who were NOT signed before last year.

This will be a brief overview of all the player designations, including all roster options available to an owners. This is particularly critical during the off-season, but can also have impact on roster planning and strategy during the season.

MiLB: These are players that have no MLB playing experience. A max of 15 can be protected during the off-season, while that number has no upper limit inside the regular season. Once these MiLB players have MLB experience they will be regarded as Rookies.
Rookies/Post-Rookies/Young Players - Players in their first three Major League seasons have rights automatically retained by the franchise. These players will be designated as R1, R2, and R3 to indicate what their status is. Players designated as R3 entering their 3rd full MLB season must receive a contract prior to the season or they will automatically receive a 1 year contract and have Free Agent status at the end of the season. Note that R2 players must be given a contract following the inaugural draft but are otherwise protected players from that point forward.
Franchise Player - This is the player that has the franchise tag, allowing for a 2nd contract to be assigned after the first one expires. Contract years for this player do not count against the yearly limit.
Regular Contract Players - These players are under contract for the number of years indicated. They can be traded or released to get rid of contract years without penalty.
Extended Players - These are players * who had expired contracts extended by the team. There are specific limitations and penalties in each case to trading or releasing these players, depending on the method used to extend them.
Free Agents - These are players either without contracts, or who have had expired contracts. Based on their original method of acquisition, options for extending them and associated penalties are listed below. All non-rostered MLB players become an FA1 at the start of the following year unless they fall under a rookie status as described above.
FA1 - These are players that went undrafted in the Free Agent (or Inaugural) Draft. These players can be given up to a 3 year contract once the season ends without any penalty. Once this contract expires, the player will have an FA3 designation. If the player is only extended 1-year, that year will count against the yearly limit.
FA2 - Players taken in the back half of the draft, or the last number of specific round determined by the commish can have one player given a contract up to 5 years without penalty. Only one player with this designation can be extended without penalty. All others would need to be extended via the regular FA3 method and the +5 rule. If the player extended in this fashion is traded before July of the following season, the contract years stay on the books of both teams until the player’s contract expires. This is to avoid having a team agree to extend a player for another team who would otherwise become a free agent. If a player is only extended to a 1-year contract, that year will count against the yearly limit.
FA3 - These are players who were taken in the free agent draft and whose contract has expired. These players will go into the Free Agent Draft unless extended with a ‘+5 penalty’. The way this penalty works is that the new last year of a contract cost 5 years of contract limits, the second to last year cost 6 years. The third to last year cost 7 contract years, and the fourth to last cost 8 years. The maximum contract given for this type of extension is 4 years and the cost are (1 season = 5 years, 2 seasons = 6 years, 3 seasons = 7 years & 4 seasons = 8 years). Teams can trade these players, but the contracts stay on the books for that season and half of the remaining contract years (rounded down) stay on the books for the duration of the contract. The acquiring team gets all of the years on their books. A team can only extend a contract one time.
FA4 - These are players that have already been extended via a +5 penalty and cannot be extended again. These players cannot be prevented from becoming free agents.

Pay particular attention to the FA 1 & FA 2 designations. These are the two areas in which you can extend players W/O any penalty. Both Brock Holt & Cory Spangenbertg, went undrafted, during our inaugural draft, so I could sign them for up to 3 years. This should be a great help to all of you.

Don L. My e-mail address is: dlmearns@frontier.com

Hopefully you get this one.
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

BL NCML, CONTRACT LEAGUE, With 7 orphaned Teams.

Don 2600 January 31, 2016 04:04AM

Re: BL NCML, CONTRACT LEAGUE, With 7 orphaned Teams.

Don 1393 February 01, 2016 12:35PM

Peter 1500 February 01, 2016 03:23PM

Archie Scott 1528 February 01, 2016 08:10PM

BL NCML, CONTRACT LEAGUE, With 4 orphaned Teams.

Don 1825 February 03, 2016 08:19PM

BL NCML, CONTRACT LEAGUE, With 4 orphaned Teams.

Don 1797 February 03, 2016 08:33PM

Re: BL NCML, CONTRACT LEAGUE, With 4 orphaned Teams.

Archie Scott 1477 February 04, 2016 02:40AM

BL NCML, CONTRACT LEAGUE, With 4 Orphaned Teams.

Don 1689 February 04, 2016 08:10PM

Eric Nelson 1584 February 11, 2016 04:13AM

Don 1770 February 15, 2016 07:42PM

Don 1527 February 16, 2016 10:43PM

» Re: BL NCML, CONTRACT LEAGUE, With 4 Orphaned Teams.

Don 1927 February 17, 2016 08:26PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator