Re: Continuing BL Salary Cap league has available orphan

Michael
July 10, 2013 04:49PM
This opening was filled .... but in anticipation that there will be openings at the end of the year (there are always some departures after the first year of any new league), I thought I'd post a note. Excel skills are a plus as spreadsheets are handy for keeping track of your budget.

In this league, making wise budget decisions is as important as making wise talent assessments. From a strategy standpoint, this format is far more complicated than your typical keeper league. We may lose a couple of owners after Year 1, but it won't be because they found it boring and
want to find something else. In fact, I think more people will stay because it is so challenging. It is perfect for any Scoresheet veteran looking to enhance the overall experience and add a layer of difficulty.

The salary cap makes and keeps things very balanced.

The current standings leader has this lineup:
Austin Jackson
Michael Brantley
Jon Jay
Nelson Cruz
Ian Kinsler
Zack Cozart
Miguel Montero
Leonys Martin
Brett Lawrie

Rotation:
Cliff Lee
Zack Greinke
Shelby Miller
Bronson Arroyo
Dan Haren

How would that lineup do in your current league? Middle of the road - maybe in the running for a wild card?
In this league, that lineup is 57-31 (even with Greinke missing time earlier in the year). It's not an All-Star laden team but it is the most dominant team in the league - and it's not a league of rookie owners who don't have a clue. That this team can do this well should tell you how challenging it is.

I'd like to line up a few interested folks and get them acquainted with the league so they can be ready to take over a team when the time comes.
Obviously, there is no rush. But if you are intrigued, please inquire with me (mb0566@yahoo.com). Getting a team will not be first-come, first-served because I want to add the best owners possible - NOT just the ones who respond first.
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

Continuing BL Salary Cap league has available orphan

Michael 19583 March 26, 2013 06:57PM

» Re: Continuing BL Salary Cap league has available orphan

Michael 2350 July 10, 2013 04:49PM

elaboration

Michael 2412 July 11, 2013 02:32PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator