Interested in new BL salary cap league?

MICHAEL
December 08, 2012 09:07PM
I have been away from Scoresheet for several years. Mostly due to tiring of there always being one jerky owner and having some other owner abandon a team mid-season without saying a word. I began playing Scoresheet so long ago that I can't even remember when it was - although I can remember drafting Mike Mussina BEFORE he made his MLB debut. I feel old just typing that. And that wasn't even my first Scoresheet season!

It's probably been 7-8 years since my last season. During all those years of playing, I realized that no league will ever have everything that every owner wants. So before joining a league, I think it's important that every owner think long and hard about what attributes he wants from the league. This starts with the simple choice of an AL, NL, or BL. Then there's the choice of a continuing league or single season league. How large of a league: 14? 16? 20?

But even beyond those basic choices, there are things that I feel that I definitely want in my ideal league. For one thing, I want some element to provide competitive balance year after year. The most effective method that I've used is a salary cap system. It adds a layer of complexity that standard leagues lack. It requires a lot more dedication from each owner and rewards owners who can make the best use of fixed resources. It necessitates a skill beyond identifying the 'best' player. In a simple draft, anyone can look at a list of available players and choose the most valuable. But having to place a 'dollar-value' on each player is far more challenging.

I would like to see if there is enough interest of assemble a 16-team continuing BL for 2013 with future expansion possible. The primary unique attributes would include:
1: Each team receives an equal budget of 100 units for player 'salaries'. Units cannot be carried over or traded.
2: In the initial draft, all players are considered free agents and owners submit blind bids for players and
are awarded players for a "1 year guaranteed contract".
3: Prior to the start of the season, owners have the option of committing to a handful of players by "signing"
them to multi-year extensions (maximum of 4 years of control) with standardized year-over-year raises.

To this end, I am seeking experienced and reliable owners to fill out the league.

If you're interested, please send e-mail jellsworth66@yahoo.com. I will reply within a few days so hang in there if I don't reply immediately.

Thanks.
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

» Interested in new BL salary cap league?

MICHAEL 4674 December 08, 2012 09:07PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator