Re: Looking for New Owner in 22-Year-Old League

Mark Neuenschwander
October 24, 2010 06:54PM
Good afternoon Dave,

This certainly sounds like an interesting league, with a wealth of history and long-time membership.

First, a bit about me:

I am a 27 year old Sales Engineer, working for a Japanese automotive parts supplier for Honda and Acura vehicles. I am currently located in Washington Court House, OH (about halfway between Cincinnati and Columbus), after graduating from the University of Cincinnati in 2006.

Due to the magic of Ted Turner and the TBS network, this boy from eastern Ohio grew up not as a Pirates or Indians fan, but instead spent many years following the pitching prowess of the Atlanta Braves. Admittedly, the Reds have recently become a close #2 in my heart due to the time I still spend in the city and my ease of access in getting to Great American Ball Park.

I have been playing fantasy baseball for about ten years now, with the earliest league I remember during my later high school years. Until recently, I have mostly played in the standard Roto or H2H mixed leagues. But three years ago I started playing Scoresheet on recommendation from several of the sabermetric sites I follow.

I love reading detailed baseball analysis and my favorite time of the year is fast approaching as the new annuals from Baseball HQ, The Hardball Times, and Baseball Prospectus will soon be arriving in my mailbox.

Scoresheet baseball has been a much more involved and fun style of play for me. Any game that emphasizes the finer details of real baseball management (bench players and bullpen construction) is ultimately more interesting. And adding in your league's salary cap restrictions and contract length adds another level of complexity that intrigues me.

I have read through the league constitution on the website today. And I'll probably have to read through it a few more times to understand each section completely. But I'd be glad to take on the challenge of trying to rebuild the open team if it's still available.

I'll check the message boards here for any responses. You can also reach me directly at:

mark.neuenschwander@gmail.com

Thanks for your consideration.

Mark
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

Looking for New Owner in 22-Year-Old League

Dave Alden 4845 October 17, 2010 02:31AM

Kent Felker 3028 October 17, 2010 02:20PM

Dave Alden 3441 October 17, 2010 04:39PM

Kent Felker 3021 October 17, 2010 07:27PM

Dave Alden 3088 October 17, 2010 08:20PM

kent felker 3019 October 18, 2010 01:44AM

» Re: Looking for New Owner in 22-Year-Old League

Mark Neuenschwander 3169 October 24, 2010 06:54PM

Dave Alden 3135 October 25, 2010 02:10AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator