Re: Seeking New Owner in Continuing NL League

Arnie
February 20, 2011 12:45AM
Hi R.A.,

The 11 other owners have already submitted their keeper list and we've put the draft on hold until about a week after the new owner pares down his roster.

Three different teams have won the playoffs in each of the last three seasons. Five different teams have won in the last seven years.

I do not, however, want to mislead you regarding competitive balance. In the past couple of years two teams have decided to rebuild at the same time. Both had a fire sale during which time they traded their best players for draft picks and prospects. The result is that those two teams are not currently competitive while a couple of other teams benefited from their fire sales. Hence, the league is not currently what I would describe as well balanced, but that can change quickly as a result of the draft and the normal decline of older players.

Team #9 was dropped because the previous owner's life circumstance changed and he no longer has time to be involved as much as he would have liked. His team won 84 games last year.

I hope you decide to join our league. Please let me know ASAP by email at soolman67@verizon.net.

Thanks,
Arnie
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

Seeking New Owner in Continuing NL League

Arnie 5489 February 17, 2011 04:13PM

Re: Seeking New Owner in Continuing NL League

R.A.Wagman 2159 February 19, 2011 09:09PM

» Re: Seeking New Owner in Continuing NL League

Arnie 2288 February 20, 2011 12:45AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator