Live draft in Frederick, Md

Joel Alligood
December 12, 2015 02:15AM
Hello everyone,

I am a LONG TIME Scoresheet owner and am looking to get back to KNOWING the players I compete with, having a great time and seeing each other on a year to year basis. I have made numerous friendships over the years playing in live draft/auction leagues and looking to bring back that type of comradery. That said, I am looking to start a brand new LIVE DRAFT LEAGUE in Frederick, MD. I have the venue, a 60,000 sq ft sports center with multiple tv's, a 10' big screen and a cafe on site that serves beer, wine and Starbucks as well as food and soft drinks. There would be no charge to use the venue and owners would only need to fit the bill for their team. The only thing would be, due to our board of health regulations, no other outside food could be brought in.

I'd like to create a 20 team BL and hold the draft on Saturday March 26th, starting at 9:00 AM. Now, normally each subsequent year would be a bit boring because we have protected lists and less players to draft. My thought is to make each year unique, while still allowing teams to "build" franchises. That said, we would follow Scoresheet's rules with the following additions.

1. We would have 4 divisions with 5 teams each and each division winner making the playoffs. In addition, the next 4 best records would also make the playoffs under a wildcard scenario. The balance of the non playoff teams (12) would have their records looked at from the all star break to the end of the season, with the best record of non playoff teams getting the #1 pick the following year and followed by the next best record, etc, to prevent tanking. I would create a full constitution if we can guarantee 20 owners.

2. After year 1, players may protect a round #1 draft pick, a round #3 draft pick, 2 round 6-10 draft picks, 1 round 11-15 pick, 2 round 16-20 picks, and 3 round 21-35 picks (plus supplemental drafts).(10 picks total) In addition, they may protect a maximum of 5 rookies as determined by Scoresheet #'s. I will create a spreadsheet of where players were drafted.

3. In subsequent years, we follow the same protocol, however, you may not protect ANY player that was protected the prior year, assuring every 2 years a player goes back in the pool. Rookies are signed to a "4 year contract" when they make their major league debut. After that, they as well go back into the pool. This will give a lot of value to the rookie crop and they won't be handed over so easily.

Please email me at purehonestcountry@gmail.com if you are interested.

Frederick, Maryland is located about an hour from Baltimore, an hour from DC, less than 90 minutes from Harrisburg, PA, 3 hours from Pittsburgh, PA, and still close enough to NY, NJ, Ohio, VA, WV, Delaware and North Carolina to make the trip.

Thanks,

Joel Alligood
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

» Live draft in Frederick, Md

Joel Alligood 1888 December 12, 2015 02:15AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator