First year player thoughts

JML
May 12, 2018 07:20PM
I've been playing fantasy baseball forever, I go all the way back to Robot Baseball.

This is a good product, a lot of fun and the people in my league are very good owners.

The MLB 12-13 man bullpen really hurts the way the standard league works. There just aren't enough position players that are legitimate major league players to fill out 10 rosters in league. Relievers don't compile innings because they pitch to a handful of batters a few times a week. Throw in the timing of your draft and being locked out of full time players who signed after the draft started and it's even more stark.

The level of injuries to MLB pitchers makes so much of the season's outcome dependent on which starters you drafted and if they stay healthy.

The initial draft needs to go deeper than 35 rounds, need to collect a ton of AAA depth early in the season in order to be able to come up with enough innings to make it through a week.

MLB teams are running 30-32 man rosters with a AAA taxi - we need to be able to absorb all those players in the initial draft because once the season starts teams are just DOA off a handful of injuries and no ability to acquire depth.
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

» First year player thoughts

JML 1851 May 12, 2018 07:20PM

Re: First year player thoughts

Dave 1217 May 24, 2018 09:35PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator