New League that Uses draft auction to sign players

Glen
June 15, 2012 04:33AM
We would use a seperate service which is very affordable to manage our auctions, rosters, and fantasy cash and cap.

A little about the auction:
A clock starts running every time a new high bid is placed on a free agent. We could vote on how long this clock should be. I have drafted using a 72 hour clock and it works well, but if all owners are active, we should be able to go with a 48-60 hour draft clock. I think this is a perfect amount of time to determine the value of a player. The last day on the 72 hour clock is tourture, and I think it would be fine at 60 hours or even just 2 days.

This type of auction is more competetive and realistic because everyone can get involved. Having a little more than 2 days to counter bid is enough time to make a well thought out bid. I am absolutely against drafting all at once. Even if we all lived in the same time zone, and we won't, doing a draft in one day is nearly impossible because of personal time constraints. In this auction, you can't miss out on a free agent so long as you check the web site once every couple of days at minimum. Most of us are already accustomed to doing that during Scoresheet drafts.

The service we would use can even allow us to have a triple A club and single and double A systems where the players salary only counts for 25% of its overall value. It can be as involved as we want.

I have 2 owners on board counting myself. If anyone has questions or wants to be in, post here, or email me at gengelhorn70@gmail.com
I have been playing Scoresheet since 1998. I play baseball the most, but I have had teams in Football and Basketball back when they offered it. I would really like to give this type of league a try - I think it would be a lot of fun.
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

» New League that Uses draft auction to sign players

Glen 2258 June 15, 2012 04:33AM

How Contracts would be Decided/League setup

Glen 1465 June 16, 2012 11:53PM

Re: How Contracts would be Decided/League setup

barry 1503 September 09, 2012 10:26PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator