5 slots open in unique, new, NL Root team league

Jim Hallo
October 27, 2011 01:35PM
This will be a Root Team type league but with some major changes. The Root Team leagues, as currently implemented, inhibit trading. I believe that is eliminated in this structure while still retaining the root team flavor. I hope to attract franchise owners with SS experience and who will be dedicated to improving their teams through trading and well researched drafting. Here are the basics:

This will be a 12 franchise, NL Root Team League with 3 Divisions.

There are no limits on crossovers.

INITIAL SEASON

You will protect 30 root team players including minor leaguers.

The draft will be done via the web based feature on the SS website, consist of 15 rounds in two segments.

One AL player may be drafted by each team with one of their picks.

Extra picks (EPs) will be given to the weaker teams after the 3rd draft round.

There will be 4 supplemental drafts of 2 players per team during the season.

SUBSEQUENT YEARS

Each team will protect 20 to 30 players, including minor leaguers.

There is no requirement to retain a certain number of root team players or minor leaguers.

A copy of the constitution has been uploaded to the NL ROOT LEAGUE website. Go to:
[sports.groups.yahoo.com] to read it or email me, Jim, at: Jallo34@yahoo.com and I’ll send you a copy of the Constitution. .
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

» 5 slots open in unique, new, NL Root team league

Jim Hallo 2789 October 27, 2011 01:35PM

Re: 5 slots open in unique, new, NL Root team league

Darryl 1882 November 24, 2011 03:20PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator