NL Silver Sluggers - Team 10 available!

Craig Tomarkin
December 01, 2018 03:23PM
After 12 seasons Bob retired from our league, which has been running since 2002.

We will miss his last minute trade offers, sometimes literally while a draft is in progress. He successfully led his team to 4 championships, making him the most decorated owner in our league.

We maintain a really cool owner history spreadsheet that lets you see the old lineups, yearly stats, league records, etc. But don't worry, as owner of Bob's old team you will create a new history all your own. He was a huge Mets fan, so if you want to trade away deGrom, I'm sure you will find takers (email me directly smiling smiley).

Fast facts about NL Silver Sluggers:

It's a 10 team NL keeper league, but each team can protect up to 2 AL players who were traded from NL. You can keep 13 players, plus as many rookies as you want (<130 ab, <50 ip). People sometimes trade a keeper spot for a draft pick, depending on how deep their talent is.

We have 2 divisions with 4 teams making the playoffs.

We used to do 12 teams and 3 divisions, so if we get a group of 3 people who all want to join our league together, we might be willing to shake things up and do that by holding an expansion draft. We would make sure the new teams are competitive if that happens.

Our protection lists are due a couple of weeks before the draft to allow people plenty of time to trade before protection lists are due, and still leave time for trades after lists are turned in as well. The draft takes probably 2 weeks to complete using the timed web drafting interface Scoresheet provides and we time it end shortly before the MLB season starts.

Here is the link to our league:
[www.scoresheet.com]

My name is Craig Tomarkin and I am the commish. A little background on me - I am a long time SABR member and founded baseballguru.com in 1998. I post player projections with Scoresheet specific information there for free. I am willing to help people with their drafts and I sometimes help people evaluate trades ideas. Jeff Barton sometimes references the player projections in his February email to everyone.

Please email me: ctomarkin@aol.com
Looking forward to meeting our new team owner!

Best,
Craig
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

» NL Silver Sluggers - Team 10 available!

Craig Tomarkin 1412 December 01, 2018 03:23PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator