Glen Engelhorn
February 19, 2011 02:43PM
This league will be entering it's third season. I need a knowledgeable GM to rank rookies for the draft and then participate in the October free agent auction.

[www.fanstarone.com]

Available rosters can be accessed by clicking on their name in the standings. The orphan teams are the Ace Llamados and the Red Knights. Both teams are looking at lottery picks in the next rookie draft (June).

My league pays $200 to the champion, but only if they pay into the pot which is $15. So you could keep a team in my league free of cost so long as you understand that winning the title won't win you the $200. Cash is due by the end of November every season.

This league is also unique in that you do not set a lineup. The way the scoring works, the simulation automatically selects your best 2 centers, 4 forwards, and 4 guards for games. Your players average fantasy score is used for games. The scoring system we use has proved to be accurate when compared to NBA scores time and time again.

The scoring theory in this league is that players who put pressure on the rim are valuable. You can see it in these players contracts. In basketball, it's ultimately about putting the ball in the basket. However, players in this league will also enjoy success when they play defense, grab boards, especially offensive boards, and take care of the ball by limiting turnovers. Guys who do all those things while also shooting solid field goal and free throw percentages will excel. Here is the top five centers, forwards and guards in our league followed by their fantasy scores:

Centers:
Dwight Howard - 22.03
Al Horford - 17.19
Al Jefferson - 15.13
Andrew Bogut - 13.9
David Lee - 13.38
(Joakim Noah - 16.22 in 24 games)

Forwards
Kevin Love - 21.12
LeBron James - 20.45
Amare Stoudamire - 20.24
Kevin Durant - 19.74
Blake Griffin - 19.33

Guards
Dwyane Wade - 18.93
Derrick Rose - 17.04
Russell Westbrook 16.99
Kobe Bryant - 16.49
Chris Paul - 16.46

Scoring summary:
Points 1
Fg miss (-.9)
Ft miss (-.5)
Oreb 1
Dreb .6
Ast .7
TO (-1.2)
Steal 1.2
Block 1
Minute Played (-.1)

email me at gengelhorn@yahoo.com
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

» Orphan available

Glen Engelhorn 3416 February 19, 2011 02:43PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator