Re: OWNERS NEEDED IN BOTH THE BL NCML & BL CONNIE MACK 2 CONTRACT LEAGUES!!!

Don Mearns
January 18, 2018 09:44PM
Hi,

I just discovered you might be interested in joining one or both of my contract leagues. hNot sure what more info you'd like? Let me know & I'll be sure & answer any questions you might have.

* In my opinion contract leagues are the ultimate. In most fantasy leagues an owner can protect about 14 players, while we can protect 21. That's cool, but not the major difference between a contract league & a non contract league.

The huge difference between the 2 is, in a contract league players are signed to contracts ranging from 2-6 years. Once those contracts have ended, those players become FA again & may be drafted by anyone, no matter how good that player may be. Every team CAN give 1 player a Franchise Tag, for 2-6 years & @ the end of that Franchise Tag sign him to another FT, for 2-6 years. After the 2nd tag is used on the same player, he then becomes a FA. Therefore the longest a team can keep a stud is 12 years, which you might say, is a long time. It is, but when you consider not ALL FP are signed for 6 years, especially in consecutive contracts & the fact that there are only 20 players that can receive such a tag, that makes it possible for a lot of studs to become FA.

While in any NON CONTRACT LEAGUE, where teams can protect about 14 players, you will NEVER see studs becoming FA, since every owner in those leagues continues to protect them year after year. The only way another owner can acquire these studs is through trade & in many cases owners just won't trade them. So most of the studs are untouchable. You will NEVER have a chance to acquire them. THAT'S WHAT MAKES A CONTRACT LEAGUE THE ABSOLUTE BEST!

* We are also very heavily into Minor Leaguer's. In our leagues we BUILD FRANCHISES, NOT TEAMS!

* Since we are now going into year 3 in Connie Mack 2 & year 4 in the NCML, we are seeing A LOT of studs becoming FA & that will only get better & better as the years tick away.

I hope this helps. Just let me know any questions you might have & I'll answer them. Brad Matthews & John Casillo are also commissioners along with me & any of us can answer your quetions.

Don L. Commissioner
& Owner of team #3 in the NCML & team #16 in Connie Mack 2

PJyGE
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

OWNERS NEEDED IN BOTH THE BL NCML & BL CONNIE MACK 2 CONTRACT LEAGUES!!!

Don Mearns 1690 January 15, 2018 12:35AM

Interested in Scoresheet 1080 January 17, 2018 11:22PM

» Re: OWNERS NEEDED IN BOTH THE BL NCML & BL CONNIE MACK 2 CONTRACT LEAGUES!!!

Don Mearns 1221 January 18, 2018 09:44PM

Dean 1070 January 18, 2018 08:45PM

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator