NL COLL - Teams Available/Draft for Teams

Bill McKnight
January 29, 2017 09:59PM
NL COLL - [www.scoresheet.com]

We have two teams open in a 10-team NL only league, and the plan is to combine the rosters and conduct a 2-man draft once we have takers. Neither of the open teams traded any picks nor have extra picks, so the first person to respond will get their choice of Team 6 or Team 10. As of now, it doesn’t matter since we’re one division with a balanced schedule, but we may vote to split back into two divisions at some point, so it might matter to the new owners.

The easiest way to do the 2-man draft would be to set aside a couple of hours on an evening or weekend and get on a chat room (we can work out the medium once we have owners), but we could to email as well if necessary. I will be moderating the draft, so we will work it out if you are interested.

We are a private league with a few unique rules:

1) We hold a 5 round “rookie draft” for the players drafted in the MLB amateur draft each year. Those players are not available in the supplemental drafts after the MLB June draft. These players are kept for free for the first season, in other words no draft pick cost to keep them. The “rookie” draft is usually in December and done by email, but we have delayed so the new owners can participate.

2) We have 3 AL crossover positions, but unlike Scoresheet public leagues rookies on AL teams DO count toward the 3 crossover spots. The crossovers are not tradeable at this time.

3) We have a “sophomore” keeper that can be kept with a draft pick like a rookie. The limits are 100 IP and 300 AB. For instance, I have Seung-Hwan Oh. He pitched more than 50 IP last year, but stayed under 100 IP. I can keep him with my latest draft pick after my prospects.

4) We draft to Round 38 rather than Round 35 in the pre-season draft, so three more players than normal.

5) Like I mentioned before, we have one division with a balanced schedule and the top four records make the playoffs.

The rest of the rules follow standard Scoresheet public league rules, including using the Scoresheet draft tool for the pre-season draft.

Here is the talent that will be available:

Pitchers:

Jon Lester, Carlos Martinez, Tanner Roark, Aaron Nola, Joe Ross, Michael Wacha, Zach Davies, Robbie Ray, Tyler Anderson, Junior Guerra, Scott Kazmir, Jordan Zimmermann, Chad Bettis

Position Players:

C - Yadier Molina, Russell Martin, Welington Castillo
1B - Freddie Freeman, Tommy Joseph
2B - Ben Zobrist, Joe Panik, Brandon Phillips
3B - Kris Bryant, Adrian Beltre, Martin Prado
SS - Brandon Crawford, Andrelton Simmons, Jose Peraza
OF - Gregory Polanco, Justin Upton, Joc Pederson, Matt Kemp, Jason Heyward, Curtis Granderson, Michael Cuddyer,

There are not a ton of prospects, but there are some really top end prospects:

Dansby Swanson, Brendan Rodgers, Victor Robles, Kevin Maitan, Jesse Winker, Harrison Bader, Chris Shaw, Josh Naylor, Kolby Allard

If you are interested, email Bill McKnight at wjmcknight37@gmail.com
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

» NL COLL - Teams Available/Draft for Teams

Bill McKnight 2034 January 29, 2017 09:59PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator