New AL 2011 root team league

Saleem
August 09, 2010 03:36AM
I would like to start a new league for next year that is based on the "root team" concept that some leagues already use. Each member picks a "root team" that comprises a good part of their team. For example, if you picked the White Sox as your "root team" you keep 7 players from that team each year and 10 rookies from that team. Total keepers would be 14 regular players and 15 rookies each year.

Here are the basic rules:
* To start the league each team will start with 7 non asterisk players from their root team and 10 rookies from their root teams.
* Each team will protect 14 non asterisk players and 15 rookies every year. Of the 14 non asterisk players a must be from your root team. Of the 15 rookies 10 have to be from your root team and the other 5 can be from any American League team.
* Each team is allowed to protect two crossover players and we be allowed to draft ONE NL player in the original draft to start the league. This NL player can be any player in the NL and can be taken in any round. You cannot take more then one NL player in the draft even if you trade him during the draft.
* Each team has to protect 7 non asterisk root team players from year to year, including 7 players to start the league and 10 root team rookies. These players will count for your root team as long as they are on your root team’s roster at the end of the regular season, however, not including any players that were traded over from the other league during the season those players will go back into the draft.
* Each year all teams will be automatically assigned their first 2 amateur picks from the June draft.

Please let me know if you are interested, you can email me at saleemakaleem@gmail.com
The order that I receive interest is the order I will go on in terms of picking your "root team".
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

» New AL 2011 root team league

Saleem 5026 August 09, 2010 03:36AM

Re: New AL 2011 root team league

Saleem Kaleem 3341 August 16, 2010 12:27PM

Saleem 3438 August 22, 2010 12:53PM

Saleem 3335 August 24, 2010 11:14PM

Saleem 3447 September 08, 2010 05:29PM

Scott 3380 September 10, 2010 04:09AM

Saleem 3375 September 13, 2010 09:58PM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator