Kris Price
October 16, 2010 03:14AM
medeaschild,

I haven't checked this message board in a couple years, since I have been in leagues that I quite enjoy, but it was quite disheartening to see your ridiculous mid-year post when I rediscovered this board today. I have been a poster on your yahoo site and follow just about every major player in Scoresheet. I have played in AL Armstrong (now AL Boehning, as it is always named after the league's winner) for 4 seasons now, and can attest that it is the most ferociously competitive and appropriately active league I have ever played in. In most leagues I tend to dominate, but in Armstrong, winning is a painfully slow process, similar to the majors, as its owners are so on the ball with drafting, player evaluation, and not making the wrong moves.

Jan Armstrong, the fellow you aimed your foolish post at, has been playing Scoresheet for as long as you have, if not longer, is the single best drafter I have ever played against and routinely wins championships in his upwards of 10 leagues. I would guess that he was won more than 20 championships over the years in about a 70 or so opportunities. And he is one of 7-8 owners in our league that would be a top 1 or 2 owner in 95% of most Scoresheet leagues. Jan is also one of the most responsive owners I have every played against, despite his being a busy lawyer. Lew Stansby, a Scoresheet legend whose vacated team was the one in question here, found no success in Armstrong during his 2-3 year stay.

As for Jan running a dead league, call out smallflowers on Scoresheet talk sometime and we'll find you a spot in the league during our next opening. We'll see who's worth their muster.

medeaschild Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Am no longer interested in this team.
>
> The fact that I haven't heard anything in response
> to this post or to my DIRECT e-mail to you in
> almost 24 hours tells me volumes of what I can
> expect in this league. Even at the price of zero,
> it's not worth it.
>
> Best of luck filling the team. I'm guessing there
> are dead owners out there who don't mind dead
> leagues.
» Reply » Quote
Subject Author Views Posted

Immediately available team in SS continuing AL League

Jan Armstrong 5397 July 05, 2010 07:11PM

Re: Immediately available team in SS continuing AL League

Jan Armstrong 4436 July 05, 2010 07:18PM

medeaschild 3581 July 13, 2010 11:39PM

medeaschild 3295 July 14, 2010 09:12PM

Tony 3395 July 30, 2010 05:29AM

» Re: Immediately available team in SS continuing AL League

Kris Price 3492 October 16, 2010 03:14AM

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator